Monday, February 28, 2011

Honey & Egg on my face Part 1

A wonderful lady I know hooked me on this site, Mountain Rose Herbs. I literally must have everything on this site, they have spices, teas, EO's, pretty jars, so many neat and exciting things. This made me want to make something and the easiest thing to make (meaning I can get the supplies fairly cheap) is a homemade facial masque.


After some searching I decided on a honey and egg masque it seems pretty easy. Today I picked up some really raw honey, apple cider vinegar, and lemon EO at The Health Food Center. I could not for the life of me remember the other EO I needed so tomorrow when I go grocery shopping I will pick up the bergamot EO. I also picked up a jar of coconut oil because I thought I needed it, good to have around the house anyway I guess.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


1 egg (use the white for oily skin, the yolk for dry skin, both for combo skin)
1 tsp. honey
1/4 tsp. Apple Cider Vinegar
1 drop of Lavender EO for dry skin
1 drop of Bergamot EO for oily skin
1 drop of Lemon EO because it smells fresh and clean
put it on a your nice clean face, and leave it for 15-20 minutes, wash off with a warm wet cloth.
Source

For added benefit you could steam your face to open the pores soak a wash cloth in a cup of herbal tea, wring out and lay across your face until it is cool. Not boiling hot you don't want to burn yourself. You could even put the tea bags in the freezer to place over your eyes after you get that masque on!

At this point Mr. G is laughing at me because I plan to put food on my face but I am really interested in ways to care for my skin without the added chemicals. Next time I am going to try the strawberry and yoghurt facial masque that just sounds so yummy!

I already had raw honey but I wanted something that had not had my tea spoon in it, seemed unsanitary. I found a brand called Really Raw Honey and it is amazing it has a lot of texture and chunks (that is a very unappealing word isn't it) in it, smells so nice too.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic



0 comments :