Friday, February 18, 2011

Food Friday

A few days ago I shocked my friends by admitting i have never experienced the joy to be found in a bowl of Chicken and Dumplings. Two of my friends were gracious enough to give me their recipes (yay) so I went with the crock pot version because I didn't want to hand cook something I was not even sure I would like.

It starts out kind of looking like a really gross mess.


Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Then I added in some frozen peas and carrots after the chicken had been bubbling away for about six hours.


Image and video hosting by TinyPic


After about an hour (I kept losing track of time what can I say) I added in the dumplings, I cheated and used a can of home-style biscuits. At this point I was pretty skeptical about this cooking venture turning out well.


Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Oh but wait, this hot mess becomes pure heavan in your bowl, this will most definitely become one of my family's favorite winter meals.


Image and video hosting by TinyPic


What's for desert?


Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Image and video hosting by TinyPic


0 comments :